Tanner and Andy are joined by their good friend Geoff Comp to discuss something that has been on our minds lately: Why should #EMBound students and EM residents go to conferences? We think we have some great reasons, and encourage any #EMBound Student and EM Resident to take a listen.
Episode 21: #GoToAConference
Reasons to go:
- To get out of your “Bubble” (there is a whole wide world of EM outside of where you train and where you go to medical school).
- You will be rejuvenated to continue down the path of EM
- You will meet people just like you!!
- You will get exposure to career opportunities you wont find in your “Bubble” (Residencies, Fellowships, Jobs, etc.)
- You will travel to places you would otherwise not go.
- You will meet people who will literally change your life for the better!! (The hosts of EM Over Easy met at a conference, and see where we have gone)
Conferences We Attend:
- American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Wilderness Medical Society
- Council of Residency Directors
- Essentials of Emergency Medicine