You know you’re overworked when…
- You can’t remember the last time you had a day off
- You feel like you’re living at your desk.
- You’re working every waking hour (and then some).
- All you can think about is how much work you must do.
- You’re starting to feel like a robot.
- You can’t even remember what it feels like to relax.
- You feel like you’re going to explode from all the stress.
- Every day feels like Groundhog Day.
- Your family and friends are starting to worry about you.
- You need to figure out how much more you can take.
If any of the above sounds familiar, then it’s time to take a step back and reassess your workload. You’re overworked and need to make some changes. Otherwise, you’re headed for burnout. So take a break, relax, and try to get your work-life balance back in check. Otherwise, it’s only a matter of time before you hit rock bottom.
Main Talking Points:
- Recognize the signs that you’re working too hard
- Take breaks throughout the day, even if it’s just for five minutes
- Set realistic goals, and don’t take on more than you can handle
- Delegate tasks to others whenever possible
- Learn to say no – your health and well-being are more important than any project
- Find a healthy work/life balance that works for you
Listen to the Episode
Looking For More?
More from Andy, Tanner, John, and Drew: Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more information about what the team is reading, listening to and so much more!
More of your favorite EM Over Easy content: As always, you can find more of your favorite EM Over Easy content by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! Also, please rate us on your favorite podcasting app or by visiting MedForums.
As the OFFICIAL podcast of the ACOEP, be sure to check out the ACOEP by visiting aceop.org to learn more and to sign up for one of their many CME offerings.